Cut stickers apart for individual awards and rewards. Place in clear container for the child to pick
- the reward system is great. Children learn that if they try hard, they will be rewarded.
It's also called incentive. Working toward a goal. This is in preparation for adult life
where hard work may be rewarded by a pay raise, better job, etc...
- Suggestions for rewards:
- Stickers, erasers, pencils, pencil sharpeners, small inexpensive toys, extra play time or
- Bring an appropriate movie from home or select from teacher's supply( for filling out a
reading chart-long term). Coupons from McDonald's etc...
- Gifts donated by businesses or teacher made. Pizza Party, etc...
- Listen to a tape with headphones on. A card or certificate may be turned in for an "A"
on a paper or a test. Certificates of Recognition.
- Badges, Fossils, Mugs or cups, Art supplies: colored pencils, crayons, markers, drawing
- Inexpensive pocket games or card games(hearts, old maid, fish, etc...)
- Items sold as party favors. Regular yellow pencils decorated special-(eyes, fake fur,
Return to School Page
Return to Home Page